Don't Rain



Skies, don't rain.

no no no
don't you show me the color
of darkening heavens
don't spurt the smell
of earth that leavens

don't rain, oh! please don't
for rain reverses the scene
wounds that time had dried
rain opens them green

it's not that time ever healed
it just hid behind the crust
the pain the longing the love
moving on is time's lust

all is well, I've taken it
accepted that flowers won't bloom
that land of my heart will be barren
that silence will ache in gloom

so don't rain, oh! cruel you
don't show the possibility of hope
Rejection - I've handled so often
that Love - I won't be able to cope

I wanna tear apart, you clouds!
I wanna howl and shout in your face
I'm creature of the wilderness
don't need your rain and grace

Hardened thickened scarred
i can play with degrees of pain
my edifice shatters, my base is bored
when falls the first drop of rain

lemme live, lemme survive
oh! don't drive me insane
beat me or throw me in hell
do whatever, but please don't rain

Comments

  1. seems written in a hurry...cos the otherwise present harmonious flow seems missing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seven years since I set SAIL

Happy 40th to my sibling teacher

The power of silence